Tuition Reimbursement

When applying for tuition reimbursement you require:

Signed Promissory Note (picked up @ office)

School Receipt (tuition fee)

Letter from Alberta Learning with your marks (both sides)

Blue Book stamped by the Alberta Apprenticeship Board

If a Journeyman, please bring in your Journeyman letter from Alberta Learning or your Journeyman Certificate along with your UA membership card for Head Office.

Must complete a minimum 16 hour course from the Alberta Pipe Trades Course Calendar. EPT will no longer accept safety courses for tuition reimbursement.

**There are two exceptions; First Aid and LSE will be accepted if taken in the year you went to school**

Must have 1200 Local Union 488 contractor contributed hours

Must be a UA 488 Member in good standing

Effective January 1, 2015: application for Trade School Tuition Reimbursement may only be made within 2 years of completion of trades school dates


If you have any questions, please call  (780) 488-1266

    • Nicolas Genest May 15, 2017 at 6:48 pm Reply can i register to those training programs.I need to renew my fall protection ticket,thanks. I try many times but i not see on web site.

      • Leanna June 8, 2017 at 9:32 am Reply

        to register for the OSSA Safety courses, the link is located on the main page of Local 488 website. located on the righthand side of page
        Online Registration Now Available For OSSA and BSO Safety Courses

    • Neil melenka July 31, 2017 at 6:39 am Reply

      What is the email address I can mail my documents to for reimbursement? Cheers neil

    • Kelly March 21, 2018 at 8:59 am Reply

      Hello, is there a reimbursement for taking the iccs coarse

      • Leanna March 21, 2018 at 9:31 am Reply

        Yes there is. I just require a copy of your Receipt and Certificate, along with your UA Card, address and phone number.

Leave a Reply to Leanna Cancel reply

© Copyright 2014. Alberta Pipe Trades College.